The Oxford Kilburn Youth Trust (OK Club) is an independent charity, social enterprise, and charitable company, sometimes working in partnership. It offers clubs and activities, group work and mentoring, street and schools outreach, youth action and projects across a wide range of interests and skills, as well as accommodation for its volunteer staff from around the UK and abroad. We work with young people at their own pace, starting ‘where they are’, with a welcoming, safe, reliable, flexible and holistic approach, regularly attracting new young people.
We run within a Christian framework, and are keen to provide opportunities to explore issues of faith. We welcome and respect all people of all backgrounds and faiths, so we do not expect or pressurise young people to have a particular faith, yet the Club is keen to share the Christian faith with any and all young people who express an interest in it, and to put its Christian faith into practice, and put it to work in the local community.
We aim to help children and young people aged 0-18 to grow as individuals, in groups and as members of families and society, by providing projects where they can:
- be understood and accepted, explore and develop potential, abilities and skills
- have the best possible start in life, and find meaning and purpose for their lives
- find constructive things to do, places to go, and gain beneficial attitudes and behaviour
- obtain information, awareness and understanding, including of themselves/others
- be assisted to implement their own ideas or projects, and make a positive contribution
- learn from experience, from each other and older helpers, from mistakes and achievements
When Jesus was young, it is reported that He “grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and men” (Luke 2:52). Similarly, we also want to help young people now to grow and to become mature in every way, and to have good relationships with other people, and especially with God.
The OK Club – 45 Denmark Road – London – NW6 5BP – 0207 6252520
Registered Charity 1099564